Bought 9 gorgeous silks yesterday. I want to use them this fall, but there were only 9 left… and if I wanted them, I had to grab ‘em.
And, *ehem*… I’m already thinking about shows for winter, though we’ve hardly begun the fall. My inspirations so far:
(and I have no qualms about sharing with ya’ll because 1, most of you are in different states, and 2, well, they’re just ideas that could go any which way.)
- FIYAH! (Fire. Passion, heat, maybe music from Central/South America)
- "A Line is a dot that went for a walk." - Paul Klee (1879-1940)
- Music from Rio 2/Chef (I had to go to Rio with the kids I watch during the summer… and while I really didn’t care for the movie… oh my gosh, the music is infectious. Similar vibe in Chef… but I loved that movie.)
- Color: Yellow —> Blue (The flags I just bought are primarily yellow with some blue… I also have solid yellow flags… Could be interesting to start with solid yellow and switch out flags while introducing features onto the floor, then progress by switching yellows to blues.)
- "Supremacy" by Muse. OMG this song. It has such a bad ass beat to it. I don’t even know but it gives me feels.
I’ve been really inactive on tumblr recently—trying to write for the fall, and also actually WRITE… and, erm. you know, finish my degree.
Anyone been up to anything awesome?